Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all gift vouchers (Voucher) issued by The Grounds (Venue).
2. In these Terms, 'you' is the purchaser or recipient of the Voucher and by acquiring, using or attempting to use a Voucher, you agree to be bound by these Terms and any terms printed on the Voucher. It is your responsibility to ensure that any recipient or user of the Voucher is aware of, and complies with, these Terms.
3. The Voucher is a prepaid gift voucher and the amount available for making non-cash payments under the Voucher is set when the Voucher is issued.
4. The amount available for payments under the Voucher cannot be increased once the Voucher has been issued, unless it is for the reversal of payment made error.
5. The Voucher is not legal tender, an account card, a credit or debit card, a cheque, a security or financial product. The Voucher cannot be used to withdraw or redeem cash, reloaded, returned for a refund of have the balance consolidated to a new Voucher.
6. The Voucher can only be used to purchase food, beverages or retail products at The Grounds of Alexandria Cafe, The Potting Shed or The Grounds of The City. The entire Voucher must surrendered to staff at The Grounds at the time of purchase and as such, the entire value of the Voucher must be redeemed in one transaction. Any remaining available balance on the Voucher at the time of redemption, will be forfeited and cash will not be provided in lieu.
7. You cannot exchange or use the Voucher to acquire additional Vouchers or purchase gift cards for any other restaurant, hotel, bar or other venue.
8. The Voucher will expire on the date specified on the Voucher, which will not be earlier than three years from the date of supply of the Voucher by the Venue to you (Expiry Date). The Voucher may not be used to purchase food or beverages or otherwise redeemed after the Expiry Date.
9. The Voucher is not registered to any user and anyone in possession of the Voucher may use it. Any use of the Voucher is deemed to be made by you. The Venue recommends that you keep your Voucher in a secure place. The Venue is under no obligation to replace, and is not otherwise liable or responsible for, any Card which is defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen.
10. The Voucher may not be able to be used for certain events or special functions which are held by the Venue. Contact the Venue if you have any questions regarding whether or not the Voucher can be used for a particular event or function.
11. The Voucher can only be used for personal use and must not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or other promotional activities without the prior written approval of the Venue.
12. The Voucher cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance on the Voucher unless you pay the difference between the balance on the Voucher and the amount of the transaction by another payment method accepted by the Venue.
13. You are responsible for ensuring that the Card, where used to purchase alcohol, is used by persons who are at least 18 years of age and that any alcohol purchased using the Voucher is only consumed by persons who are at least 18 years of age.
14. If you have an issue with the purchase made using the Voucher, or otherwise have an issue with your experience at a relevant venue, we recommend you contact the Venue to discuss.
15. The Venue may refuse to redeem any Voucher if fraud is suspected or until the Venue is satisfied that there have been no fraud involved.
16. The Voucher remains the property of the Venue and must be provided to the Venue upon the earlier of the Expiry Date and the date the balance on the Voucher is exhausted.
17. You may have certain rights under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded and nothing in these Terms should be interpreted as attempting to exclude, restrict or modify the application of those rights.
18. Subject to clause 17 and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Venue expressly excludes all liability to you for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) howsoever caused in respect of the Voucher.
19. Use of the Voucher is subject to all of the Venue’s policies regarding the goods and services made available by it from time to time.
21. If any provision of these Terms is void, unenforceable or illegal and would not be so if words were omitted, then those words are to be severed and if this cannot be done, the entire provision is to be severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
22. These Terms are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
23. If you have any questions regarding your Voucher, please contact us on 02 9699 2225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.